Epsom Salt Craziness

Finally got my hands on some epsom salt and I basically went a little cuckoo in the garden this afternoon. Okay, so not ever...

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Zucchini Pizza




For the past week, I got to observe a zucchini as it grew and developed. My mom thought it would take a couple of weeks for this zucchini to grow into a sufficient size.

Saturday, July 27

Sunday, July 28

Monday, July 29

Tuesday, July 31

Wednesday, August 1

Thursday, August 2nd aka harvest day. .8 lb of glorious fruit!

In the background are my rosemary, Roma tomato plant, and experimental pumpkin.

I brought the zucchini into the house then turned it into a deeelicious zucchini pizza. I followed a recipe someone shared with me online but I tweaked it a little here and there. Click here if you would like to check out the original recipe. Keep scrolling if you want a basic idea of what I did to create this masterpiece. Oh, and yes, this is indeed my first official recipe post. The parsley, oregano, and basil came straight from my herb garden.

Shannon's Kicking Zucchini Pizza

Ingredients
Sauce
1 8 oz Can of No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
a small handful fresh oregano, minced
a small handful fresh parsley, chiffonade and minced
3 leafs fresh basil, chiffonade and minced
Approx. 1 1/2 Tbsp of garlic powder
Approx. 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
Approx. 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
3 drops Tabasco®
a dash of salt 

Pizza
1 Large Zucchini, sliced
1 Can Vegetable Oil 
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp salt

Toppings
4 Sticks Mozzarella String Cheese, sliced moderately thin
1 clove garlic, finely sliced  

Recipe
1) Set oven broil to high.
2) Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Add to preferred taste with each ingredient. For instance, it will not be necessary to add the entire handful of oregano. Set aside to marry.
3) Lay out zucchini on a baking sheet.
4) Spray both sides with olive oil.
5) Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of zucchini.
6) Place into oven for two minutes. Remove. Flip zucchini. Put back into oven for another two minutes.
7) Remove from oven, add sauce and toppings.
8) Place back into oven for another minute. Watch cheese closely, do not let it burn.
9) Remove from oven and enjoy.

Honorary mention: here is my first actual harvest. On Monday, July 29, I decided to see what a small zucchini tastes like. I know, I cut it a little too early. It was awfully tiny but it certainly packed a lot of flavor in my opinion.
For this little fella, all I did was sliced, added a dash of salt and pepper, then steamed for about five minutes. It was cooked but still had a slight crunch to it. My mom and I both enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment